Business insurance provides protection from a number of financial risks most businesses could face at some time in their operation. This type of insurance is rarely an option because it can help sustain a company through fires, theft, vandalism, and other high-risk situations. Yet, just because you need insurance doesn't mean you have to overpay for it. Saving money on business insurance is possible. These tips can help to reduce many of your costs substantially.
- Take a closer look at your current coverage amount. Often times, the value of assets, property, inventory, equipment and other items are no longer the same as what you are currently paying. If this is the case, you could be overpaying by having too much coverage.
- Look at your deductible. Checking your deductible is one of the most effective ways to reduce your overall premium costs. By raising your deductible, the insurer pays less at the time of a claim because you pay a specific amount a head of time. This can help you save substantially if you can afford to make a larger deductible payment.
- Talk to your insurer about adding security devices. Alarm systems are a good start. Additional smart features like monitored security, CO2 alarms, smoke detectors and sprinkler systems can often help to reduce your business insurance premium costs.
- Be safe. The fewer claims you file against your workers compensation insurance, the more you save. Also, take a look at your current safety plans, training procedures and fire equipment. By improving the safety within your business, you could reduce some of these costs.
- Consider BOP packages. Business Owner Policy (BOP) helps to save you money by combining many of the most commonly used business insurances into one plan. It is a good idea to pay some extra attention to these policies because you can customize them to better fit your needs and budget.
A single lawsuit or accident could lead to your financial ruin without business insurance. So, don't forgo having business insurance. Instead, shop for a policy that gives you the best rate on the coverage you need. Spend some time doing this in the months leading up to your policy renewal every year.
How much could you save? Contact InsureMyBiz.com for a list of California business insurance agencies.